Implementing a Data Processing Knowledge Sharing Solution
This course enables Knowledge process owners administer the Perspectium data replication solution that imports SharePoint articles into the ServiceNow knowledge base to follow a knowledge workflow for publishing.
This training is intended for members of the ServiceNow Knowledge Management team and SharePoint administrators responsible for administering knowledge articles in both applications.
The prerequisites for this class are basic understanding of the Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) processes as it relates to Knowledge Management and familiarity with SharePoint structures of sites, subsites, libraries and lists. Additionally, the student should have completed the Perspectium Core foundation course or have equivalent knowledge.
This presentation takes one hour.
The SharePoint to ServiceNow integration class covers the following:
- Discovering/importing the SharePoint structure
- Viewing a site and importing articles from all active lists
- Importing articles from all active lists of selected sites
- Scheduling Imports
- Administering the articles in the Sharepoint imports knowledge base
The SharePoint to ServiceNow integration class can be delivered with emphasis on implementation covering these additional topics:
- Loading the Perspectium SIAM for Sharepoint Update Sets
- Setting the SIAM configuration properties
- Creating the shared queue for the integration