Relieve the Uncertainty Over the Performance of Your Integrations
A unique ability that humans have is making intricate plans for the future. But along with envisioning the future elaborately, we can also worry over the future deeply. (Yet another reason to be jealous of your pets.)
We plan service management integrations for future success, but they also present discomforting opportunities for uncertainty.
Why You Integrate
Integrations enhance the work you do in a number of ways.
- They let you automate, reducing human error and improving the efficiency of your work.
- They break down silos, enabling better visibility and stronger reporting.
- They improve the performance of critical apps in your organization.
- They open opportunities, as they let you offer new services, onboard clients or providers more quickly, and bring in new streams of revenue.
Having integration solutions in place raises confidence that business processes will work as they should.
Then the Worrying Begins . . .
But integrating with only some of your questions answered can also introduce plenty of uncertainty.
- The integration works well with your current volume of data transfer, but will the integration scale as your business grows and you transfer more data?
- The integration is humming now, but what happens if an outage occurs for any of the endpoints you’re integrating? How much data will you lose when an outage occurs?
- What happens when the apps you’re integrating update? Will the integration continue to work?
- When governments start enforcing new security/privacy laws, will your integration comply with those new regulations?
- What will happen when the developers who built and maintain the app leave? Can the integration survive with their unique knowledge gone?
With so many ways that an integration can go wrong, what can you do?
Learn from the Experts
There is no dearth of stellar content online that answers just about any integration question you have. In addition to connecting with a community of integration experts, you and your team can read materials and watch videos to continue your professional development, raising the collective skills for your team and your business.
To start, we recommend reading our whitepaper Connection Health: Why Integrations Fail or Thrive.
Considering why some integrations fail can help you plan better for integrations that survive and continue delivering value for the business. But beyond surviving, the health of your integrations can also thrive. You can take some simple steps to get even more from existing integration solutions.
Relieve the anxiety and remove the uncertainty over the health of your integrations. Click below to download the whitepaper.