Associate Data Scientist – San Diego, CA
Perspectium is solving enterprise integration challenges for some of the most data-reliant businesses in the world…and we’re growing fast. To fuel that growth, we are looking for the best and brightest in the world to join our team.
The successful candidate will be located in our San Diego headquarters.
Working at Perspectium
Whether you’re a dazzling developer, a spectacular salesperson, a marvelous marketeer, or a calculative consultant, we would love to have you join our ranks.
The pace is fast, the work is stimulating, the customers are enthusiastic, and innovation is expected. Founded in “classy" San Diego, Perspectium also has offices in London, New York and Dallas.
As a Data Scientist, you will develop and apply a variety of methods to identify, collect, process, and analyze large volumes of data to identify trends and patterns. You will prepare reports and briefings to provide insight to stakeholders as well as build reports that come bundled as part of our products and solutions to enhance the company’s offerings. In this role you will be given responsibilities to make a large impact on the design and implementation of our solutions, working in an agile, fast-paced environment with a highly passionate team.
- Communicate with internal and external customers to understand business needs and provide analytical and reporting solutions for internal use and as part of our product offerings
- Review and extract knowledge and insights from structured or unstructured data drawing upon the practice of data analysis, predictive analytics, data mining, pattern recognition, data modeling, machine learning and various statistical methods
- Act as a key member and regularly participate and interact as part of a cross-functional product development team of all backgrounds and disciplines
- Support sales and professional services teams
- Working with members of the design/architect team and other product teams, participate in product development team analysis and collaborative feature design sessions
- 0-2 years related experience in the Data Science field
- Bachelor’s/Master’s in Data Science, Applied Mathematics, Statistics, Information Science, Computer Science or a related discipline
- Ability to develop data stories and demos based on visualization and data mining technologies such as Tableau and Python
- Proficient in at least one statistical programming language (such as Python) used by data scientists and/or data engineers
- Experience with machine learning techniques a plus
- Experience in an object-oriented language like Java a plus
- Interest in, understanding of, or experience with agile development methodologies
- Great at solving problems, debugging, troubleshooting, and designing/implementing solutions to complex issues
- Meticulous in completing tasks on schedule, with high quality, and with attention to detail
- Team player with strong technical and analytical abilities
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Open to being challenged and willing to continuously learn and improve
Founded in 2013, Perspectium offers comprehensive systems and application integration solutions for Fortune 500 and Global 2000 companies. Perspectium solves integration, monitoring, and replication problems with the lowest impact and highest throughput. Architected from the ground up with availability and control in mind. Perspectium solutions power the most intricate integrations of the world's largest enterprises.
Please Note the Following:
- Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
- This description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions. It does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
- This job description is subject to change at any time.