Senior Software Developer
As a Senior Software Developer, you will be designing and developing solutions, working with cutting edge technologies and world-class cloud software platforms. In this role you will be given responsibility to make a large impact on the design, architecture and implementation of our solutions, working in an agile, fast-paced environment with a highly passionate team.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Work with engineering team to translate high-level business objectives, functional and nonfunctional requirements into designs and code forming a consistent, coherent, scalable, and secure platform components.
- Avoid technical debt by contributing to and implementing the absolute best expression of our design specifications, making any appropriate trade offs along the way.
- Act as a key member and regularly participate and interact as part of a cross-functional product development team including working with existing and potential customers.
- Support sales and professional services teams.
- Working with members of the design/architect team and other product teams, participate in product development team analysis and collaborative feature design sessions.
- Understand customer escalation processes and actively work with the company’s customer support team to provide tier 4 support.
- Provide mentorship and guidance to other team members.
Qualifications and Skills
- 5+ years of proven software development experience
- Bachelor’s/Master’s in Computer Science or related disciplines, or relevant experience in software architecture, design, development and testing.
- Knowledge and strong experience in core Java, web services (SOAP and REST), Maven and developing microservices with Spring Boot
- Experience with containerization (i.e. Docker) and container management (i.e. Kubernetes) a plus
- Experience with MySQL, Oracle or Microsoft SQL Server and related database and query analysis tools
- Fundamental understanding of Linux based Operating Systems.
- Fundamental understanding of git, branching, merging and conflict resolution
- Ability to articulate the design with architects and discuss strategy/requirements with teams
- Knowledge of best practices for the full software development life cycle, agile methodologies, including coding standards, secure code coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Demonstrated experience in continuously improving product quality
- Meticulous in completing tasks on schedule, with high quality, and with attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Ability to quickly learn and implement new solutions and technologies
- Open to being challenged and willing to continuously learn and improve
Please Note the Following
- Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
- This description reflects management's assignment of essential functions. It does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
- This job description is subject to change at any time.