Software Development Manager
Perspectium is solving enterprise integration challenges for some of the most data-reliant businesses in the world…and we’re growing fast. To fuel that growth, we are looking for the best and brightest in the world to join our team.
Location: The successful candidate would be based out of our San Diego headquarters.
Position: As a Software Development Manager, you will lead and direct a team of developers in the design and development of our products and solutions. This position requires someone who has sound management skills while also being technically proficient to get hands on and write code as well as make a large impact on the design, architecture and implementation of our products and solutions. The ideal candidate is someone who is interested in both “Software Development” and “Manager” roles.
- Provide direct supervision and leadership of software developers.
- Mentor and coach software developers on software development best practices.
- Handle personnel activities of staff.
- Serve as an escalation point for issues, resolving conflicts with scheduling, resources, or technical issues.
- Lead the team in defining and maintaining proper architecture and design of the product to ensure efficient code maintenance, high quality, and extensibility of the technology.
- Ensure team is able to work as efficiently as possible, making sure team has clear goals for both short term and long term.
- Develop schedules, monitor team member activities to ensure tasks are completed within established deadlines and rectify issues and roadblocks.
- Ensure that proper records and other documentation are maintained.
- Perform complex software development and design work.
- Participate in code reviews and contribute to team and personal learning.
- Proactively collaborate, communicate, and work efficiently with other teams in the company.
- Work with sales and implementation teams as well as existing and potential customers to understand client needs and requirements for products and solutions.
- Understand customer escalation processes and actively work with the company’s customer support team to provide tier 4 support.
- 7+ years of proven software development experience
- 2+ years experience managing and leading development teams
- Bachelor’s/Master’s in Computer Science or related disciplines, or relevant experience in software architecture, design, development and testing
- Advanced knowledge and experience in core Java, web services (SOAP and REST), Maven and developing microservices with Spring Boot
- Experience with containerization (i.e. Docker) and container management (i.e. Kubernetes) a plus
- Experience with MySQL, Oracle or Microsoft SQL Server and related database and query analysis tools
- Fundamental understanding of Linux based Operating Systems.
- Fundamental understanding of git, branching, merging and conflict resolution
- Experience architecting, developing, deploying and monitoring SaaS systems at a large scale
- Ability to articulate the design with architects and discuss strategy/requirements with teams
- Experience in best practices for the full software development life cycle, agile methodologies, including coding standards, secure code coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Demonstrated experience in continuously improving product quality
- Meticulous in completing tasks on schedule, with high quality, and with attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Ability to quickly learn and implement new solutions and technologies
- Open to being challenged and willing to continuously learn and improve
Please Note the Following:
- Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
- This description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions. It does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
- This job description is subject to change at any time.