Software Developer II
Perspectium is solving enterprise integration challenges for some of the most data-reliant businesses in the world…and we’re growing fast. To fuel that growth, we are looking for the best and brightest in the world to join our team.
The successful candidate would be based out of our San Diego headquarters.
Working at Perspectium
Perspectium is solving enterprise integration challenges for some of the most data-reliant businesses in the world … and we’re growing fast. To fuel that growth, we are looking for the best and brightest in the world to join our company.
Whether you’re a dazzling developer, a spectacular salesperson, a marvellous marketeer, or a calculative consultant, we would love to have you join our ranks.
The pace is fast, the work is stimulating, the customers are enthusiastic, and innovation is expected. Founded in “classy" San Diego, Perspectium also has offices in London, New York and Dallas.
As a Software Developer II in our Development team, you will be designing and developing solutions, working with cutting edge technologies and world-class cloud software platforms. In this role you will be given responsibilities to make a large impact on the design, architecture and implementation of our solutions, working in an agile, fast-paced environment with a highly passionate team.
- Work with team to translate high-level business objectives, functional and nonfunctional requirements into designs and code forming a consistent, coherent, scalable, and secure platform components.
- Avoid technical debt by contributing to and implementing the absolute best expression of our design specifications, making any appropriate tradeoffs along the way.
- Act as a key member and regularly participate and interact as part of a cross-functional product development team including working with existing and potential customers.
- Support sales and professional services teams.
- Understand customer escalation processes and actively work with the company’s customer support team to provide tier 4 support.
- Provide mentorship and guidance to junior team members.
- 3+ years of proven software development experience
- Bachelor’s/Master’s in Computer Science or related disciplines, or relevant experience in software architecture, design, development and testing.
- Knowledge and experience in core Java, web services (SOAP and REST), Maven and developing microservices with Spring Boot
- Experience with containerization (i.e. Docker) and container management (i.e. Kubernetes) a plus
- Experience with MySQL, Oracle or Microsoft SQL Server and related database and query analysis tools
- Fundamental understanding of Linux based Operating Systems.
- Fundamental understanding of git, branching, merging and conflict resolution
- Ability to articulate the design with architects and discuss strategy/requirements with teams
- Knowledge of best practices for the full software development life cycle, agile methodologies, including coding standards, secure code coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Demonstrated experience in continuously improving product quality
- Meticulous in completing tasks on schedule, with high quality, and with attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Ability to quickly learn and implement new solutions and technologies
- Open to being challenged and willing to continuously learn and improve
Please Note the Following:
- Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
- This description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions. It does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
- This job description is subject to change at any time.