Associate Support Engineer
Are you a night owl? Do you prefer working weekends? We have the position for you! We are looking for associate customer support engineers that have availability 5:00 pm - 12:00 am M-F as well as availability on weekends in order for our team to provide 24-7 customer service.
This is a great opportunity for a college senior, post-grad student, or individual looking for additional part-time work. We will consider both part time and full time applicants.
Position: Associate Support Engineer
Reports to: Director of Support and Operations
- Front line customer support for our customers. Including direct interaction and real-time problem solving.
- Follow runbook procedures for resolving common customer issues and requests in a timely manner.
- Elevate complex issues to Level 2 support team per policy. Maintaining continuity during the handover process.
- Monitor smooth operations of our production environments to achieve availability and reliability goals of Perspectium’s 24x7x365 service.
- Proactively review system health and identify potential issues before they occur
- Front line response for software, infrastructure and network issues
- Real time issue triage and diagnosis to determine corrective actions
- Communicate with customers during operational events and incidents to provide clear, concise status and properly set expectations regarding service restoration
- Performs other duties as required
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science/Engineering or related field
- Basic understanding of computing technologies, operating systems, networking,
- Ability to become proficient in DevOps and Customer Support fundamentals
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Basic proficiency in a programming language(s), preferably Java
- Basic proficiency in Linux/Unix operating systems administration
- Basic proficiency in Relational Database systems, preferably MySQL.
- Understanding of Computer Science fundamentals (i.e. design patterns, data
- structures, etc.)
- Open to being challenged and willing to continuously learn and improve
Please note the following:
- This is not a comprehensive job description and responsibilities can be assigned changed at any time
- A post-offer, pre-employment background check and drug test (federally compliant) will be required for this position
Please Note the Following:
- Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
- This description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions. It does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
- This job description is subject to change at any time.